My Holiday Gift Guide
Yoga for the Lunar Phases
A guest post by Jessica Kaitse
Movement is an important aspect to moving energy throughout the body and when it’s done in an aligned way with the energy of the moon, changing up our Yoga practice to match the energy can be incredibly potent.
Each lunar phase calls for different ways we can nourish and support ourselves and cultivate our energy in the lunar cycle ahead.
Yoga for the New Moon
- Setting a Sankalpa
- Yoga Nidra
The New Moon is…
Biodynamic Guild Podcast - Medical Astrology
Kira is an Australian Naturopath, Nutritionist, Herbalist and Medical Astrologer. Known for her vibrant, straight forward teaching style, Kira has lectured in Medical Astrology within Australia, North America and Europe. In private practice for over 25 years, Kira combines her knowledge in Natural Medicine with her passion for Medical Astrology into a wonderful mix of mind/body medicine.
Medical Astrology, Naturopathy, & Health as a Sacred Ritual
I recently recorded a podcast interview with Ahna Hendrix on the Soul Driven Podcast, in this interview we dive into Medical Astrology.
Some of the topics we discuss include
- My background and how traveling shaped my life path
- What is medical astrology and where does it come from?
- The constitutions of the four elements in medical astrology
- Important placements in a natal chart for medical astrology
- Can the 8th house predict death?
- How to best utilise medical astrology in your life
The Moon & Your Menstrual Cycle
Have you ever wondered if and how the moon affects our menstrual cycles?
In this podcast I join Kyra Howearth to discuss how the moon can affect menstruation, fertility and natural cycles from my perspective as a naturopath & medical astrologer.
In this episode episode, you’ll discover:
- How the moon cycle relates to your menstrual cycle
- The timing around these natural cycles
- How to connect to the moon to regulate your own cycle
- Plus much more
How I got started in Medical Astrology
Have you ever wondered how I got started in Medical Astrology?
If you're curious to learn more, check out this video I recorded with Judith Hill, from Judith Hill Astrology Academy. In it we discuss our motivations for pursuing medical astrology.
Watch the video below.
Judith Hill & Kira Sutherland - Why They Decided to Pursue Medical Astrology
Did you see I was recently interviewed with Judith Hill from Judith Hill Astrology Academy.
In this interview we discussed our motivations for becoming medical astrologers, the application of Medical Astrology in a holistic health approach, the different reasons clients come to see us, we discuss the elements, their influence, and the value they can provide during a natal chart reading plus much more.
If you've not yet come across Judith's work, she is an astrologer, herbalist, author, and tea…
This month, I was happy to be a guest on the Stellium Astrology podcast, where we talked about Astro-Health Hacks.
We covered a lot of ground, including:
- How health issues can present with certain elemental presences
- Whether you're over- or under-represented with an element in a certain area of your chart
and lots more.
Listen to this podcast in audio only here, or watch the interview below.
Understanding the Influence of Astrology on Human Lives
Earlier this month, I was a guest on Rachel Watkins Live Your RAW Life podcast, where we talked all about the influence of astrology on our human lives.
In this episode, we chatted about:
- how I work with clients naturopathically and incorporate medical astrology in my treatments
- Herring's Law of Cure to understand how the human body heals itself
- the importance of taking breaks and letting the body rest
- the role of eating healthy and nutritious food as part of taking care of our bodies an…
Lunar Phase Return in Medical Astrology
Recently, I sat down with Emily Tennison at the Healing Corner to chat about understanding our lunar phrase return, especially when starting any new diet, workout routine or detox program.
In this podcast, we covered so much ground, including:
- constitutional quirks
- malefic and benefit planets
- horary chart
- lunar cycles and disseminating moon
- lunar phase returns
and so much more.
Catch the full episode at your favourite podcast platform: